Terms & Conditions – Consent
Our website address is: http://melbournewellnessgroup.com.au
Our duty to inform you: Almost all Healthcare & Medical procedures carry low levels of risk. Healthcare Professionals are experts in their respective fields, so risk is minimal.
Chiropractic care is recognized as being an effective and safe method of care for many conditions. Chiropractors are experts in the delivery of musculoskeletal rehabilitation, especially for spinal and joint conditions.
However, you must recognize that there are risks associated with all health care procedures, including assessment and treatment, which you should be informed about.
Please read the following carefully:-
- You acknowledge that you have discussed with the chiropractor the rare risks associated with any proposed care which include but are not limited to muscle and joint soreness or strains, nausea and dizziness, fractures, disc injuries including disc encroachments/ruptures, causing nerve irritation and referred symptoms, stroke (or like episodes) and an exacerbation and/or aggravation of my underlying condition. Such risks may result in outcomes such as referral, further tests, surgery, incapacity and the like.
- I have had the opportunity to discuss the proposed care with my chiropractor. I also acknowledge that I have had the opportunity to ask questions about the nature, extent and purpose of the proposed chiropractic care and that I have been given sufficient time to make a decision giving consent for the care to proceed.
- I acknowledge that I am aware of and understand the potential risks. I appreciate that results are not guaranteed.
- I do not expect the practitioner to be able to anticipate all potential risks and complications associated with the proposed care.
- I hereby acknowledge my consent to the performance of the chiropractic care. I understand that I can withdraw consent at any time.
- In very rare circumstances, some treatments of the neck may damage a blood vessel and lead to stroke or related symptoms. (current statistics eg between 1 in 2 million to 1 in 5.85 million-Haldeman,et al.Spine vol 24-8 1999).
Other possible risks include strain/injury to a ligament or a disc in the neck (current statistics eg less than 1 in 139,000) and the low back (current statistics eg 1 in 62,000 Dvorak study in Principles & Practice of Chiropractic, Haldeman 2nd Ed.) For some patients especially with bone weakening diseases, a fracture of a bone although rare is possible.
We assure you your safety & well being are our utmost concern. All procedures used are careful and considered to suit the individual patient. Please feel free to discuss any change in your condition or any concern you have at any time.